Welcome back. Sorry about the "No blogging" moment there.
During our time away, however, Romance Writer's Weekly has celebrated our 6 month Anniversary just last week and if you missed it, I'm sorry. It was a fun time had by all with games and prizes and just hanging out with some of these amazing authors.
In additions, we thought we'd jazz things up a little more by sprinkling other kids of questions for the week. Don't worry. We will also throw in three writing questions that we all must answer most times because, let's face it. Those are fun to write and fun to read.
This week we were asked to post our best 15 minute dinner idea.
Well, mine isn't necessarily a dinner, but if you add a veggie side dish, it certainly can be one.
But usually this is an appetizer and it is delicious!
Bacon wrapped chicken bites.
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 16 ounce package sliced bacon
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons chili powder
- Have on hand:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and chili powder.
- Cut slab of sliced bacon into thirds.
- Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make an assembly line: Take your bite sized Chicken, wrap your 1/3 piece of bacon around the chicken, roll it in your brown sugar/chili powder mixture, then secure the bacon around the chicken with a tooth pick.
- Put it on the broiler pan.
- . Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.